Sunday, April 10, 2005

 

Fire on the Side

Just a quick post to give you all an update on my location and a not so funny story.
I've been in NYC for the last two days. Today, around 8am, the fire alarm in Debbie's apartment went off. I was sure it was just someone vacuming. I was so tired I didn't even move. After a few minutes, Debbie went out in the hall to check it out. As soon as she opened the door you could smell the smoke. Oh, yes. Its true. The building was most definitely on fire. So being on the 18th floor we grabbed shoes and I grabbed my inhaler and ran out the door. We ran down 18 flights of stairs (the first 5 of which were really smokey). We ended up in the parking lot at 8:30am in our Pajamas and DAMN was it cold. We sat in the parking lot watching the flames in the windows of the 15th floor. It was actually pretty damn scary. There were a few people trapped in the building and the fire department had to break down the walls of near by apartments to get to them. Luckily, after 5 hours of sitting outside in flannel pants and a tshirt we were allowed back in. We had to walk up 18 flights of stairs, but when we got up there nothing in Debbie's apartment was damaged. Only 6 people were injured. I'm fine, Debbie's fine, Navy (Debbie's cat) is also fine. More later, after I sleep.
Comments:
OH NICOLE!
 
that's scary! glad you're ok!! the other day at the data bank the fire alarm went off. i didn't even have time to grab my bag i was rushed out so quickly...but once i got outside, i figured out that it was only a drill. nice title for you entry...it's too bad that i knew the reference...
 
TORI???
 
...tori....but EARLY TORI! Y KANT TORI READ!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?