Tuesday, May 03, 2005

 

i like gof fuck you

so, i asked my dad if he'd like to play some golf after we do the family thing on mother's day. shut up, all of you--if you can watch red sox games and the simple life, cultivate jane fonda obsessions and wear cut-off jeans with van halen t-shirts then i can spend an afternoon with the man who might potentially continue giving me money even though i'm graduating. anyway, i emailed him about it and the most ridiculous exchange occured.

his reply:

Okay, if this is some phishing email, I get it!!

I'd be thrilled to play as a matter of fact, I was planning on playing that day anyway, and nothing would be better than to play with my favorite son! I'll make the arrangements.

Talk to you soon.

Bill White


(yes, he really does sign all his emails 'Bill White')

i wrote:

excellent. looking forward to embarrassing you out on the links...

ps. phishing? are you calling me a hippy?


and his response:

Phishing: phony emails sent to acquire account info from unsuspecting old
men like me. When I saw golf, I immediately became suspect - only kidding.
This is the best Mothers Day gift I could have asked for.

Bill White


i had no idea this was some sort of internet vernacular that old folks know about but young little hip dudes like me haven't heard. am i the only one?

(PPPPS. le tigre are apparently writing a song for paris hilton? they can both rot in evil pink hell. geez.)
Comments:
I've never heard of Phishing before..but I looked it up..
Phishing (fish´ing) (n.) The act of sending an e-mail to a user falsely claiming to be an established legitimate enterprise in an attempt to scam the user into surrendering private information that will be used for identity theft. The e-mail directs the user to visit a Web site where they are asked to update personal information, such as passwords and credit card, social security, and bank account numbers, that the legitimate organization already has. The Web site, however, is bogus and set up only to steal the user’s information.
 
i like "gof" too. you dirty dirty hippy.

p.s. don't hate on things just because you're in awe of their immense power, i.e. cutoffs and van halen shirts. instead i suggest you surrender to the rapture of new jersey in the early eighties.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?